2020年9月22日 星期二

RU 5.27.0388 BETA

This version mainly add a test switch in command line for debugging keyboard combination problems.

Also it fixes the problem of "Save all PCI devices" resulting wrong data saved when 32-bit width is selected as reported by an user.

NOTE: It has not been tested, any wrong readings can be happened.

Command line "/S"

  • RU /S2
    • It shows RU key codes on the top of the screen when a key is pressed
  • RU /S1
    • It will only access CPU MTRRs, not all MSRs.  This is to avoid the hang while reading full set of MSRs

Get 5.27.0388 here

Password : 10462733123319

33 則留言:

匿名 提到...

Hi James,
when booting from USB stick with Ru.efi renamed to "bootx64.efi" placed in /EFI/BOOT/ the keyboard doesn´t work.
It boots, then I see the splash screen with "press any key" but there´s no response for any key.
Aby advice on how to make it work?
Thanks for your work

James Wang 提到...

Hi

It should work, I will try to reproduce and see what's wrong.

匿名 提到...

Also tried with RU 5.26.0386 BETA and same situation. May be is something related to my laptop / bios?
It´s a Hawuei Mattebook 14 2020 (intel i5 10210u)

James Wang 提到...

The RU got executed but no response from keyboard. That means something is missing comparing to the regular shell environment.

So it is OK in shell, right?

Unfortunately I can't reproduce the problem on my 2 systems. However I will try any possible systems if I got the chance.

匿名 提到...

Didn´t test it in shell but I found the way to use Ru.efi with an USB external keyboard.
Problem solved with this method

匿名 提到...

Is Password out of date?

James Wang 提到...

I just tried the password an it is still working to unzip the file.

匿名 提到...

Sorry, it's my mistake. I copy wrong password. XD
Thank you, James.

digitalboy 提到...

Hello, in versions 5.27.0388 and 5.26.0386 the keyboard doesn't work (Lenovo C940-IIL - UEFI AUCN57WW), it works however with version 5.25.0379 downwards (at least on my machine)
Connecting an external USB keyboard doesn't make a difference

James Wang 提到...

Hi digitalboy,

Thank you very much for the information, I will fix it in next version.

digitalboy 提到...

Thank you James for your work and for sharing it with us, much appreciated :)

Have a nice day/evening

dobest 提到...

你好,用这个工具修改联想x270 2020年6月份之后的bios设置(BIOS 1.40 ),保存时提示失败:Write variable failed: 0x00000008.这是什么原因?

Hi, James, modified lenovo x270's bios after June, 2020, when saved, your tool report "write varaible failed:0x00000008, there something got wrong?

James Wang 提到...

Hi dobest,

It returns EFI_WRITE_PROTECTED which means the variable you are trying to write is locked for security reasons.

Unknown 提到...

Hi James - your tool is amazing.

I am trying to inspect a system variable 'CpuSetup'. The extracted UEFI and your tool indicate that it's size is 0x334, but I can only view up to 0xFF. Could this variable have a hidden section that isn't viewable?

James Wang 提到...

Hi Unknown,

Can you please try Ctrl-PgUp and Ctrl-PgDown and see if it can browse more than 0xff bytes?

Unknown 提到...

Hi James - thank you for your response. It was my mistake; I was using CTRL + arrow keys instead of page down/up keys. I can look past 0xFF now!

dobest 提到...

James, thanks for your response. Is there any possible to write values for security marked addresses?

匿名 提到...

Hi James, I’m trying to update the overclock variable for a Lenovo x1 extreme gen 3 with bios 1.11 but it says WRITE VARIABLE FAILED. I’ve tried 4 versions of RU and they all do this. Any idea why?

James Wang 提到...
作者已經移除這則留言。
James Wang 提到...

Hi dobest,

I don't think there is any way that RU can do because it is protected by the BIOS itself. The variable is read-only.

James Wang 提到...

Hi SIC,

I think the variable is write-protected like other comments here. RU use the UEFI services to modify the variable and if it is read-only then RU can't help on that...

Unknown 提到...

Hi James,

May I know how to use RU.efi to check the verbs been set into the Azalia Codec by BIOS?

Thank you very much.
Bin

Unknown 提到...

Hi Unknown,

RU does not support analyzing Azalia.
You need to read it manually.

匿名 提到...

AMI UEFI,MSI主機板,進入BIOS內建的UEFI Shell,執行RUX64.EFI
選擇Quit(Alt-Q)後可能會顯示「Saving RU.SET. Please wait…」好久
然後當機
必須按電源鍵強制關機
某底板Insyde UEFI,進入BIOS內建的UEFI Shell,執行RUX64.EFI也會出現這情況
只能把RUX64.EFI和SHELLX64.EFI複製到USB,並把SHELLX64.EFI改為\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI。

匿名 提到...

只能從USB啟動UEFI Shell然後執行RUX64

James Wang 提到...

Hi,

Can you please try "ru /s" and see if it helps?
I will also put a test version by adding some debug messages to see where it hangs later.

匿名 提到...

進入OVMF或VMware UEFI內置的UEFI Shell,再執行RUX64,也是一樣的。

James Wang 提到...

OK I definitely need to put some messages on the screen to locate where it hangs for you.

Sergey 提到...
作者已經移除這則留言。
Sergey 提到...

Hi, James!

I'm trying to load SPD data by ru.efi /L command and it doesn't work. (It finishes correctly "Programmed OK" but SPD updated by only few first bytes)
No problem to do this using GUI and loading file. (SPD updates fully)
Could you please fix this in the next release?
Thank you!

James Wang 提到...

Hi Sergey,

I will check and fix it, thanks for the notification.

ZonHon 提到...

從這版開始AMD X570會無法使用
在shell底下輸入RU就會直接關機
必須要斷電再上電才能用電源鍵開機

James Wang 提到...

Hi ZonHon,

Can you delete ruefi.set and try again?