2021年5月7日 星期五

RU5.28.0397 BETA

Updated: 0396 build was removed and here is the new update 0397 build, thanks to @martin reporting the problem.

This version fixed mainly SIO and keyboard not working properly.  But I just did some very limited tests and some are not even tested.  Please note that It's not guaranteed that it works as expected.

Fix

  • Fix RU can't remember SIO LDN
  • Possibly fix the problem of reading keyboard input
  • Fix the problem of showing many non-existed SIOs
  • Possibly fix RU /L for SMBUS not working

RU /Sxx (Safe mode)

        xx stands for bits, for examples: RU /S4 means to skip SIO detection
  • BIT0=1: Read MTRR only for ALT-8 CPU
  • BIT1=1: Display readings from keyboard
  • BIT2=1: Skip detecting SIO
  • BIT3=1: Skip initializing text mode

Files

59 則留言:

gary 提到...

Hi James,
The given password can't extract the zip file.

James Wang 提到...

Hi Gary,

Somehow I put the wrong link, I've corrected. Thanks!

martin 提到...

Hi James,
just tried this version but doesn´t work for me: almost all rows are blank, some words are in english, others looks like chinese (not sure if it´s chinese). Basically there´s no way to find any string or word.
The good news are: keyboard is working (in previous version I had to use an external USB keyboard) and the windows is almost full screen (previous version was a litle windows, less than a quart of the screen). Thanks

James Wang 提到...

Hi Martin,

OK I will check, I have updated EDK II packages. Maybe it was the cause.

Andeddokira 提到...

Hello James, I have a Lenovo ideapad 720-15ikb (81c7) with a phoenix securecore v2.5 bios, when running any version of the ru.efi I only see 2 entries in uefi variables, that sometimes do and don't have names, when the names appear they both reference the splash screen, any idea on how to utilize your for my device and bios? Thanks

Andeddokira 提到...

Hi James,

Sorry after sending the last message I realized maybe i was meant to launch ru.efi named as bootx64.efi rather than launching it using opencore shell.

Your amazing tool worked like a charm when i launched it first, thank you for all your work

James Wang 提到...

Hi Daniel,

That's OK, glad it helped you!

James Wang 提到...

Hi Martin,

I hope this version fix the problem you've reported.

Martin 提到...

Hi James,
characters problem and blank rows problem are solved in this version.
Screen size is OK too but now keyboard is not working like in previous version in my Matebook 14 2020 (i5 10210u). I guess using an external USB keyboard would be the solution but I couldn´t try it yet.
Thanks for your work

James Wang 提到...

Hi Martin,

Let me check if I broke anything again.

digitalboy 提到...

Hi James, thank you as always for your work
I'd like to report that since 5.26.0386 RU.EFI doesn't work for my ThinkPad P15 (Intel W-10885M | Intel WM490) black screen upon launch, Caps Lock and Numlock keys do not lit up if pressed

5.25.0379 seems to work fine

I'm willing to be a tester if necessary

Thank you

db

James Wang 提到...

Hi digitalboy,

Thanks for the testing and it's good news that 5.25.0379 works OK!

goodwon 提到...

Thanks for the update, but built-in keyboard still not working

James Wang 提到...

goodwon,

But do you find your keyboard work on any RU version? If so can you please tell me which version it is? Thanks.

luchaloupka 提到...

PS/2 keyboards have been broken on RU.efi since the May 2020 version (5.25.0379). USB keyboards work, but PS/2 keyboards like what are found in most laptops, do not. Thanks!

Unknown 提到...

Thank you very much for this great tool.
I just wonder if the modification of UEFI is not good, will it damage the bios or brick the motherboard? Are there any methods to recover the original value?

James Wang 提到...

Hi luchaloupka,

I will check if I need to revert something, thanks for the information.


Hi Unknown,

It's possible to damage the system. Recent systems are all well protected for flash write so using RU should not damage your BIOS.

Unless you are using RU to write the disk directly with random data then your OS may not boot or data can be lost.

As long as BIOS is not damaged I think you can always restore the default values.

luchaloupka 提到...

Thank you, Mr. Wang! Greatly appreciate all your work on this tool! :)

Karl 提到...

Hello James, thank you for your work. Greatly appreciated. I tried the version ru5.28 after reading the changelog on improved keyboard input and although for some folks the keyboard work as I read above in the comments for me using a Dell G5 the onboard keyboard did not work. Everything else works as expected.

Just wanted to let you know.

Thanks,
Karl

James Wang 提到...

Hi Karl,

Thanks! But do you know which version of RU works for your onboard keyboard?

Karl 提到...

I only tried the ru 5.28. Do earlier versions support onboard keyboards? From which version does the onboard keyboard support start? I can try from thereon.

luchaloupka 提到...

Karl, please see my comment above regarding PS/2 keyboards. This is why laptop keyboards are not working on RU since the built-in keyboards use PS/2. Try version 5.25.0379. That version has working PS/2 keyboard support. Thank you!

Karl 提到...

Luchaloupka, I had seen your comment but somehow missed the version you had mentioned earlier. Thank you for posting this again. I will definitely try version 5.25.0379 and get back to you.

- Karl

Karl 提到...

Luchaloupka, many thanks I have tested version 5.25.0379, and the internal laptop keyboard works!

James, it would be great if you could include this support for PS/2 keyboards from version 5.25.0379 in your future builds. Much appreciated. Thanks for all the support to the community.

-Karl

匿名 提到...

請問在UEFI SHELL環境下執行RU.efi,但執行後發生螢幕全黑的畫面狀況.
不知道可能哪裡設定錯誤了呢?謝謝
感謝回答.

James Wang 提到...

Hi Anonymous,

Can you please try "RU /S" or "RU /S8" to see if the screen is still black?

匿名 提到...

非常謝謝~

請問主程式下 /S 與 /S8是甚麼涵義呢? 謝謝~

James Wang 提到...

If you type "ru /?" (help) it will show you:

/Sxx - Safe mode, xx is in hex format. Each bit of xx representing an option:
BIT0=1: Read MTRR only for ALT-8 CPU
BIT1=1: Display readings from keyboard
BIT2=1: Skip detecting SIO
BIT3=1: Skip initializing text mode

James Wang 提到...

@karl, @luchaloupka and @digitalboy,

Can you please try this test version of ru?
https://github.com/JamesAmiTw/ru-uefi/files/6841733/RU.zip

Unknown 提到...

在lenovo t460s笔记本上,不能uefi变量不能保存。ctrl-w时提示0x00000008错误。请问怎么处理?

James Wang 提到...

0x00000008 means write-protected, I don't think you can write that variable.

luchaloupka 提到...

Hello Mr. Wang,
The new version you posted still doesn’t work on PS/2 keyboards. Reverted back to 5.25.0379 as that is the last one that works correctly. Thanks!

James Wang 提到...

Hi luchaloupka,

It's difficult to find out which modification caused the problem because I can't reproduce but I will check again.

匿名 提到...

I am running a 2021 X1 Extreme Gen 4. I have tried both files in the comments and latest release on your page.

I have a black screen. With your files in the thread, I get black screen with a tiny white rectangle. It looks like a vintage cursor but does not blink or move. I have to force reset my computer to restart or shutdown. No key press responds either.

James Wang 提到...

Can you please first try safe mode by "ru /s"?

Alderon 提到...

James 請問最新版本可以支援asus g15 advantage ed 筆電(或著所有筆電)的內建鍵盤嗎?如果不行是否可以以接外接鍵盤操作? 多謝!

Chen 提到...

Hi James,

我用Eagle Stream Sapphire Rapids ES1 C-2 Stepping的CPU
進RU會直接hang, 最後一行log是Uknown.Entry
不知道有沒有其他人回報過這個問題
有空可以幫忙看一下嗎? 感謝!

James Wang 提到...

Chen,

Can you first try "RU /S"?

Chen 提到...

Hi James,

改下"RU /S"就不會hang了
另外
"/S1" (success)
"/S2" (hang)
"/S4" (hang)
"/S8" (hang)
這樣看起來, 是不是在讀MTRR的時候出現的問題?


匿名 提到...

Hi James,
lenovo legion 7i 2021 after pressing alt + (+=) the interface will hang, how to solve it? Thanks.

匿名 提到...

Hi james,
7i can access uefi variable(CpuSetup) now but ctrl + pgdn "not working"
Does it mean there is 1 page only?

James Wang 提到...

You should try PgDn without CTRL.

James Wang 提到...

@Chen
Thank you for the information, yes it is the problem of reading CPU MSRs.

匿名 提到...

Hi James.
I got a issue about RU5.28.0397 in my laptop (acer TraveMate P249-G2-M) whitch InsydeH2O bios. It doesn't work well, I can see the loaded RU(efi) interface,but can't press any key,like a crash.I can see the time is beating, but the keyboard doesn't respond.what's the matter?

James Wang 提到...

@anonymous

Can you please try "RU /S" ?
Or try the version 5.25.0379?

匿名 提到...

Can't start RU.EXE with MS-DOS 7 in some Award BIOS 4.5 motherboards, even use RU.EXE /S. Unless load HIMEM.SYS and EMM386.EXE.

匿名 提到...

Can't start RU.EXE with MS-DOS 7 in some Award BIOS 4.5 motherboards (PCem), even use RU.EXE /S. Unless load HIMEM.SYS and EMM386.EXE in CONFIG.SYS.

James Wang 提到...

Have you tried older versions of RU.exe?

Unknown 提到...

Just want to share my experience. Accessing UEFI variable menu using ver 5.25.0379 on Huawei MateBook E 2022 with the latest BIOS(1.17) is not working(it hangs). It works when using the 0379 version.

匿名 提到...

I tested ru.efi on somne new intel 12th gen notebook, seems not working.

匿名 提到...

Which I mean not working is when I boot from usb, the system will stop there, and only I can do is to shut it down

匿名 提到...

I use ru.efi /S and it works, thanks

James Wang 提到...

Thanks!
Can you try /s1, /s2, /s4, /s8 separately and see which one works for you?

匿名 提到...

ru.efi /S4 works for me.
thanks

Unknown 提到...

12th gen latpot can not use it

James Wang 提到...

Hi Unknown,

I think I find the cause of why UEFI variable hangs, will be fixed in the next version.

匿名 提到...

家明,我的电脑是15款的电脑,用这个EFI键盘就失灵了,有什么好的办法嘛?同学的dell是好的,求助

KGDEBUG 提到...

Hi James, I'd like to add the RU.EFI binary into my "TORO UEFI SHELL" https://github.com/KilianKegel/Visual-UEFI-SHELL#edk2-uefi-shell--toro-uefi-shell and publish with the next version as an integrated PLUGIN command. Would you mind if I do so?

Best regards,
Kilian
kilian_kegel@hotmail.com

James Wang 提到...

@KGDEBUG

That's fine as long as it is not a commercial use. I saw your your project and it looks interesting.