- Select SMBIOS directly from type, no more unreadable handle number!
ALT-9 will list all SMBIOS type description. You can directly type any string you want to find on that list like below:
When you press Enter or RIGHT it will show the details with the string displayed in green. Old version of RU did not have details and strings like this version.
You can go back by pressing LEFT to the type selection list as previous picture shown. Then use LEFT/RIGHT arrow keys to go back and forth between SMBIOS types selection and type's details. Same operations are applied to any other screen list.
You can also directly type string like: "memory"
RU will find it for you, no more up/down/page up/down to navigate yourself. For examples, it finds type 016: "Physical Memory Array" for you.
What if you want to find more about "memory"? Simply press CTRL-DOWN to find forward or CTRL-UP to find backward for the last entered string.
- The same UI from above SMBIOS is applied to the following types:
- ACPI ALT-6
- E820 ALT-F2
- IDE ALT-5
- PCI F6
- Mass storage ALT-F1
- SMBIOS ALT-9
- UEFI variables ALT-=
- System information CTRL-I
You can directly jump to the selected table on that screen.
For example, if we want to go EFI_SYSTEM_RESOURCE_TABLE. First press CTRL-I and it will show:
Found it! The selecting bar turns to magenta color with "[Go]" string at the end. That means you can press Enter to go to that address.
This is the location of EFI_SYSTEM_RESOURCE_TABLE:
- Fixed ALT-M is not working for SMBIOS.
- UEFI variables: Fixed DEL deletes a variable but the list was not updated accordingly.
- Highlight color for key help in command line.
- CTRL-F and CTRL-D are just for the first search. CTRL-DOWN and CTRL-UP will continue the last search.
- Added more key list on the pull-down menu.
- Mass storage: Fixed search did not advance to next LBA.
- SMBUS: Fixed compare SMBUS saved file is not working.
- RU.EFI screen is moved to the center of 100*31 resolution.
- E820: Added 2 more type according to ACPI E820 spec: Unusable and Disabled.
- E820: Added Extended Attribute support.
- MEMORY: Fixed memory address is always reset while input a new one and RU.EXE could display garbage characters.
- SPD: Support Skylake 2 pages SPD.
- F1 is changed to display all help lines on info block.
- CTRL-F1 is added to display original help window.
- RU command line will hang (ex: /D)