2014年6月23日 星期一

RuSmi driver for RU.EXE to access UEFI variable in DOS

I have created a driver called RuSmi that enables access RU.EXE to access UEFI variables in DOS.

Please get the file from Github
Password:10072767


It contains following files:
  • FFS format:
    RuSmiFramework.ffs - Used with PI < 1.1
    RuSmiPi.ffs - Used with PI >= 1.1
  • EFI format:
    RuSmi.dxs - dependency file
    RuSmiPi.efi - driver
Please note you will get only variables with runtime attribute in DOS because it is runtime.


8 則留言:

gary 提到...

Hi James,

1. Are files you provided built for x64?
2. Is it a SMM driver?

Best regards,
Gary

James Wang 提到...

Hi Gary,

1. Yes, I forgot to mention it is X64.
2. The MODULE_TYPE of EDK II INF should be DXE_SMM_DRIVER.

gary 提到...

Hi James,

Got CPU exception on AMD Kaveri and Intel SharkBay by below command:

fs1:> load RuSmiPi.efi

Best rgeards,
Gary

James Wang 提到...

Hi Gary,

I never try to load it from Shell, I just include it in BIOS build process. I will check it later.

James Wang 提到...

Gary,

I think you can get the latest RU.EFI and it should've fixed this exception error.

gary 提到...

Hi James,

I am trying to link this driver on Carrizo / Skylake (APTIO V) but got below error. I don't know if it needs re-build for EDK2, or ... (I guess it's built on APTIO 4)

GenFds...
RuSmi.inf(...): error 3001: Framework SMM module doesn't support SMM or SMM_CORE FV file type

Gary

James Wang 提到...

Hi Gary,

What is the content of your RuSmi.INF?

gary 提到...

Hi James,

[Defines]
INF_VERSION = 0x00010015
VERSION_STRING = 1.0
BASE_NAME = RuSmi
FILE_GUID = f3434966-7625-42b7-9e31-b2af22ff58c1
MODULE_TYPE = DXE_SMM_DRIVER
DPX_SOURCE = RuSmi.dxs

[Binaries.X64]
PE32|RuSmiPi.efi

[Packages]
MdePkg/MdePkg.dec

Gary