2012年11月29日 星期四

RU 5.04 beta for DOS and UEFI

RU now reads UEFI block IO devices and DOS INT13 devices!   The write function will be added later.

New features:
  • Add support to read LBAs.  Hot key = ALT-F1.  UEFI version lists the partitions as well.
  • UEFI SMBUS support is added back but SPD information is not displayed yet
  • Add ATI/AMD SMBUS - not tested, not fully functional
  • Add ALT-M to select config parameters of current bus type.
Bugs Fixed:
  • Fixed DOS version may not display all tables in RSDT and XSDT
  • Fixed if SMBIOS handle was deleted (not found) RU could hang or get random data.
Minor Bugs fixed:
  • Fixed CTRL-ALT-END not working for UEFI mode 
  • Fixed Shift-F5 (force register meaning) not working properly with TAB/Shift-TAB
Known bug:
  • CTRL-PgUp and CTRL-PgDn keys are not working in RU.EXE

Please note that I never tested RU32.EFI, please let me know if you find any problem.

Get RU 5.04 beta Password = 0852

2 則留言:

izen 提到...

Dear James,
When I am using RU DOS version, I found the function key Ctrl + (PageDown Or PageUp)
can't work.
This feature will cause user can't read PCI registers over FFh offset ,and the symptom also be saw when reading OpRom.
I also test RU0495fixed ,there is no this issue.
After v5.0 beta version are all have this issue.

James Wang 提到...

Hello izen,

I think I was focusing on UEFI version too much and forgot to test DOS version.

I will fix this problem and put a new version here ASAP.

Thanks a lot!!!